In January, I teamed up with Mike Masnick and Techdirt to run Gaming Like It’s 1923, a game jam around new material that just entered the public domain.
We received 25 entries including a lot of fun and interesting submissions. We had an awesome team of judges help us select the winners:
- Best Analog Game — Permanence by Jackson Tegu
- Best Digital Game — Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening to Steal Treasure by Alex Blechman
- Best Adaptation — God of Vengeance by jrgoldb
- Best Remix — Will You Do The Fandango? by Lari Assmuth
- Best Deep Cut — Not a Fish by J. Walton
- Best Visuals (Tie!) — Chimneys and Tulips by litrouke, and The Garden of God by DreadRoach
Go check them out as well as the other games submitted and read Techdirt’s full write-up for more details on why we selected these winners.
We’ll likely run this again next year for content from 1924, assuming copyright doesn’t get extended again!