RPG and Game Design Podcasts
Whether you’re interested in playing games or designing them, there’s a wealth of podcasts about the hobby. Here are some I recommend:
- One Shot Podcast: they have a well over a hundred recorded episodes featuring a diverse array of systems. The GM is very talented and the players are skilled improv’ers. This is a great way to check out systems.
- Party of One: a ton of short one-shots featuring just two players. A great way to get a quick sense of a system!
- Design Games: Two seasoned RPG designers talking in depth about their craft
- Draw Your Dice: great in-depth interviews with designers, discussing their design approach and philosophy
- Brain Trust: a great game design discussion podcast with lots of on-air designing
- Stop, Hack, and Roll: a great podcast featuring free-wheeling game design discussion
- Modifier: Looks at hacking and modifying existing games (which is a form of game design)
- Backstory: Interesting interviews with Game Designers
Let me know what other great podcasts are out there!